Sunday, June 15, 2008

"They don't play her enough. It makes me mad."

Ever since the BasketCases spotted the Baltimore Sun's Milton Kent at the Phone Booth last Wednesday for the first matchup between former Terp teammates (and now WNBA opponents) Crystal Langhorne and Laura Harper, we've been waiting to see what Kent would have to say.

Well, today's paper brings a don't-miss article in which Kent gives us a rundown of the Harp and Lang reunion last week. Our favorite part of the article, though, is the sage advice that Harp offers to Mystics Head Coach Tree Rollins:

"I love Lang like a sister," Harper said. "I want her to do well, and when she was doing well, I was like, 'OK, Lang.' I want her to play more. They don't play her enough. It makes me mad. [Washington coach] Tree Rollins needs to put her in the game. Put that in the paper."

Kent obviously listened to Harp and did exactly that! Since no one (besides Coach B, of course) knows Lang's game better than Harp, perhaps Coach Tree might consider listening, too.

Photo Credit: DC BasketCases

4 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree w/ Harp more. rollins needs to put Lang in the game more and let her play more than 13 minutes. It's ridiculous...I'm afraid she's having a bad year b/c she has a bad coach. I hope he's gone before Toliver comes in next year.

 
At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a true friend, Harp made a heartfelt statement. Although most of us would agree with her, it may cost her a reprimand. I hope not.

 
At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen to that. I too couldn't agree more. Lang showed what she could do when allowed to play. That should be a lesson to coach. I just don't think Lang is a come off the bench for a few minutes at a time type player. Gve her good minutes though and she's a force, which she clearly showed.

 
At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think c-lang needs to start, but she needs to play 20 minutes (minimum) per game.

Tree does not need to take her out for the 4th quarter. I recall more than a few games where she was putting up points...only to return to the bench...perhaps in favor of "experience" at the end of the game. If memory serves me correctly, C-Lang has plenty of big-game-high-pressure experience wearing black and red. Crystal comes through under pressure.

Put and keep her in coach!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home