Thursday, July 24, 2008


Markus: I see it, but I don't believe it.

Tyler: Go Aunt Nancy, Go Aunt Nancy, Go Aunt Nancy!


* * * * * *
Markus, the BasketCases can assure you that you're not alone! We're also seeing it tonight on ESPN2, but we still don't believe it.

To say we're surprised to see "Aunt Nancy" -- a card-carrying AARP member -- on the floor for the WNBA's Detroit Shock would be an understatement!

When the BasketCases first heard that Nancy Lieberman had been signed to a 7-day contract by the Detroit Shock, our first thought was she'd be filling in for suspended Detroit Assistant Coach Rick Mahorn. But noooo! Later we learned she was signed to a player's contract!

In an already unbelievable week, this is truly unbelievable!


Photo Credits: (Top) DCBasketCases & ESPN2; (Bottom) Daddy Cam

2 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me admit up front that I have never liked Laimbeer. Upon hearing of his signing of Ms. Leiberman, I honestly felt he was thumbing his nose at the WNBA, treating it like some stunt. I would think there are other players cut from training camp rosters that would be available. Whey would he turn to her? I don't get it and frankly don't trust his motives at all.

 
At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

IMHO this is wonderful, in a surrealistic way. The old gal got a few assists in her first game, and I hope she hits some treys and otherwise contributes to Detroit's cause.

C&OSpence

 

Post a Comment

<< Home