Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Star Returns!

(No, not to Washington.)

The Atlanta Dream announced this afternoon that they have traded the 13th pick in the 2009 draft to the LA Sparks in return for the rights to Chamique Holdsclaw. From her quote in the Dream's press release, Mique seems quite happy about this turn of events:

“Coming back has been something that I have been thinking about for a while. The only thing that was holding me back was my body and being healthy. I realized that if I had the chance I would like to play this summer.”

Holdsclaw is by far one of the greatest to ever have played the game. Watching her, when she was a member of the Mystics, was magical! Yes, she'll be a tough opponent, but the BasketCases can't wait to see her play again in the WNBA.

Welcome back, Mique!

4 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I'd rather see her donning our blue and white, it will be nice to see her back in the WNBA. Welcome back, indeed!

 
At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw she was active in EuroLeague this fall, doing well looking at her numbers (http://www.eurobasket.com/player.asp?Cntry=POL&PlayerID=79209). Any news on why she's not still on the team roster at Wisla Can-Pak? It'll be great to watch her play local again.

 
At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be wearing my Holdsclaw jersey at the Phone booth this summer! So get over it now people! LOL Her returning is the shot in the arm the "W" needs!
(Now I gotta buy an ATL Holdsclaw jersey!)

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger BasketCases said...

Ruatan:

Holdsclaw recently had arthroscopic knee surgery and expects to return to her team soon. See the Atlanta J-C article in our post above.

- BC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home