Friday, August 17, 2007

The Clock is Ticking.
It all comes down to Sunday. Last day of the WNBA season. Last game of the regular season for the Mystics. Last game of the regular season for the Liberty. One will advance to the playoffs. One will clean out their lockers.

Tonight in Madison Square Garden, the Liberty did to Connecticut what they did to the Mystics last night . . . they beat them. And their reward is that they control their own fate and are only one win away from the 4th seed in the East.

In order to reach the playoffs, the Mystics MUST beat the Sun at Mohegan on Sunday in their 1 PM game televised on ABC. But that alone isn't enough. New York must ALSO lose to the Sky at 4pm in the Garden. If both DC and NY lose on Sunday, then the Liberty advance based on the tie-break. Since the Mystics don't control their own destiny, all the Mystics can do is win, and all their fans can do is wait.

4 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any further word on how Chas is doing?

 
At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that after the way this season started, I really shouldn't be as disappointed as I am with this possible outcome, but I can't help myself. I'm just not ready for this season to be over!

 
At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read somewhere that she is sitting at home not doing much yet -- she has to put drops in a lot and can't read or drive yet.

Man, never thought I would be hoping Chicago wins a game... dare I say go Stacey!!

That said, I have to say that no matter what happens Sunday, I am really proud to be a Mystics fan. Such a great team, great fans, great staff... I hate the end of the season.. reminds me I have to go back to paying attention to the NBA. KT

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the anxieties and frustrations at the start of the season all come down to Sunday. If we'd just taken care of business on ONE of our early home games, we'd be in good shape. Instead...we have to be left cheering for Stacey, Arminitie, Candace, and Brooke. Go Sky!

I'm optimistic, though. Any word on the playoff schedule? Being the fourth seed, we will only get one home game in the first two rounds.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home