Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday Morning. There's an article well worth reading in today's Atlanta Journal-Constitution about Chamique Holdsclaw's decision to return to the WNBA. You can find it here.

Yesterday, the WNBA released its schedule for the 2009 season. The Mystics open on the road at Connecticut on June 6th, and the following day (Sunday, June 7th . . . mark your calendar!) they play their home opener against Chamique Holdsclaw and the Atlanta Dream.

In the Baltimore Sun on Wednesday, Matt Bracken reported on the recent decision by high school junior combo guard Natasha Cloud to commit to Maryland. Welcome, Natasha!

And don't forget that this evening you have an opportunity to scout a couple of WNBA prospects when Auburn plays at GW (game time is 7:3o PM). Players to watch: Jessica Adair and DeWanna Bonner.

2 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Sun's arena in Uncasville is inconvenient for air travel and many WNBA articles have told how the teams can't get out on commercial airliners the night after a game.

So why do the Mystics always seem to have a game the day after a Sun game so they're exhausted?

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger msriflegirl said...

First, let me say that I am glad I found your blog. Now that I have moved to VA, I have no excuse not to make the 2 hr drive to see all the Alana Beard...um, I mean all the Mystics I want.

Second...Mique is returning...OMG...and for the Dream no doubt. June 7th is definitely marked on my calendar!

Third, I have never been a big fan of Maryland (mainly the mens sports because of some incidents back in college at NC State), but I have a lot of respect for the Womens' bball team. So this may be the only time you will ever see me type this...Go Terps.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home