Saturday, October 02, 2010

O-M-G!!!! Can this be . . . ????

According to the always reliable Mel Greenberg:

". . . it now appears that the likeable Angela Taylor is no longer the GM of the Washington Mystics as of sometime Friday morning."

Read Mel's full blog post here.

More later . . . but right now the BCs are still in shock. smh

Photo Credit: DC BasketCases

* * * * * * * *
Update (10:40am) . . . As Mel observed, Angela is no longer listed as the GM on the Mystics' roster (and hasn't been since at least last night). In light of this, it continues to be extremely surprising that the Mystics still have made no public announcement about what is going on. And we are still in shock.

7 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When reading guru tweet, I too kept thinking: OMG, how can this be true? Beyond shocked! Someone say it isn't true.
Soozn

 
At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened? Is Julie Plank now coach and GM? Was this a money issue? Also, is Anne Donovan no longer the coach of the Liberty? It's crazy to think the Mystics Organization didn't put out anything on Taylor's departure? She has been successful here...she deserves at least a thank you by the organization.

 
At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am just so heartsick about this and am trying to quell my fears about what this means for the organization--julie, players, etc. We have been the best ever in all the years I have gone as an original season ticket holder. And I credit Angela for the turnaround. Mystics/Ted owe some announcement

 
At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummmer at a minimum. I really liked what Angela brought to the team. This is sounding just like old Mystics with the firing of coaches on a whim. Glad I haven't paid for my next year's tickets.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This calls for a hearty WTF - both the decision and its handling.

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the heck? No announcement??? Shame on Ted and Sheila. I am upset by the way this was handled.

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe that Angela T. would walk out on the Mystics. I smell a rat!!!!!!!! Whoever is behind this move doesn't know basketball nor respect a woman with integrity, knowledge, and great communication skills. I hope that Coach Plank isn't next. Oh well, the same old, the same old. I would have saved money by getting rid of the two lame men's coaches.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home