Sunday, February 08, 2009

It's a Jungle Out There!

Dear BCs,

It sure is good to be home! Florida is one scary place. You know I enjoy communing with nature. So on my last day in the Sunshine State, I decided to visit a wildlife preserve. All I can say is that there were moments during my visit when I thought my most recent email to you might be the last you ever heard from me! And that would have been terrible because I especially wanted to thank your readers for their comments following the NC State game . . . they really helped fill me in on all the fun I missed.

Nope, no more traveling for me for a while -- except to Greensboro for the ACC tournament, of course. There I might meet some scary human specimens -- like Tarheels, Blue Devils, Cavaliers and Seminoles -- but no more close encounters with wildlife anytime soon!

Like you, tomorrow night (Monday) I'll be watching the Terps play up at Boston College . . . from the comfort of my own family room (Comcast SportsNet at 7 PM). That's as close as I plan to get to any live Eagles.

Uh, uh. I've sworn off large birds ever since a crazed Ostrich attacked me in Florida! She even tried to break my windshield. I'm lucky to have escaped with my life!

I've also sworn off Giraffes for a while, too! All I was doing was trying to say Hi and the next thing I know, I'm looking down a very very very very long throat. Frankly, I wasn't sure if the big guy was trying to french kiss me or have me for lunch! Either way, I didn't stick around to find out.

On the drive home, I did meet one friendly character . . . Pedro. My buddy, Obie, told me I simply had to stop in to see Pedro at South of the Border. Obie assured me that South of the Border would be a lot of fun. All I can say is, "Obie, if that's your idea of a good time, you need to get out more."


Good luck to the Terps tomorrow up in Chestnut Hill. Pedro Sez Beat the Eagles!

Your friend, Petey

Photo Credits: DC BasketCases

Monday Morning Update: Good feature about Anjale Barrett in this morning's Washington Post (link here) and The Diamondback reports that Coach B is "not satisfied" (link here).

And if you've ever wanted to visit (or re-visit) Paris, March 8th might be a good time to be there. That's the date, and Paris is the place, of the Euroleague All-Star Game. The game is structured as Europe against the Rest of The World, and the players are selected by popular vote. As one of the top-5 vote-getters for Europe, Shay Doron will be starting for the Euros. And coming off the bench for The World: Laura Harper and Crystal Langhorne (as well as the Mystics' Alana Beard). Shay, Harp & Lang . . . all together again, for a day (in Paris!) . . . how cool is that!

One more thing . . . the Women's Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA) website is running a poll question: "Who do you want to take a buzzer beating shot to win a game?" Duh! As far as the BasketCases are concerned, there should've been only ONE choice: Kristi, of course! But, shockingly, as we write this, KT is only in THIRD place! Maybe our loyal readers would like to help correct this error . . . Yes We Can! (Link to the poll here.)

2 Comments:

At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Petey! You're lucky to have escaped with your life! Get back to College Park where the terrapins are only hostile to visitors.

 
At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

KT is now on top in the WBCA poll! Yeah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home