Thursday, February 05, 2009

Postcard From Petey

Dear BCs,

I just wanted to say Hi and let you and your readers know that I’m on the road again. I just love wildlife sightings . . . isn’t that Great Blue Heron just beautiful? Unfortunately, being in sunny (but somewhat chilly) Florida, I won’t be able to make it to Maryland’s game against the NC State Wolfpack later today. I always hate missing a Terps game, but I'm particularly bummed to be missing this game, since I'll also miss seeing Harp’s jersey raised to the rafters! I was there for Shay's and there for Crystal's . . . and really really hate to miss seeing Laura's join those of her Natty-winning teammates. (Congratulations, Harp!)

Though my plans are such that I won’t be able to watch or listen tonight, anybody else who can’t make it to Comcast can see the game (schedule permitting) on ACC Select (PPV), or can listen live (and free!) via the Terps’ web site.

I hope some kind folks post some comments on the BC's blog to let me know how it all turned out!

Your buddy, Petey

Photo Credit: Traveling Panda Photos, Inc.

Update: Read here and here for a couple of wonderful articles about Kay Yow.

7 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering what happened to Petey!

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You gals are first class. Hope you are having a blast. Glad you are on the Terp team.

 
At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you're taking a well earned rest, but I'll miss getting your report on tonight's game. Looking forward to seeing the next installment of Petey's Florida vacation. Hope you have a blast and come back rested and ready for March Madness!

 
At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, there was no buzzer beater today. It was a clean game and an easy win for the Terps. We were treated to a nice save by Anjale in the corner that KT picked up in the air and expedited to a teammate all before her feet touching the ground again. Gasps all around. There was a nice video tribute to Kay Yow at half time that left the arena silent for a few minutes. Very eerie. Then, following the game, most spectators stayed for Harp's jersey ceremony. The unveiling had some technical difficulties as her jersey went down to about halfway through her number 15 and then got stuck. You could see it being jiggled but it just stayed that way. Oh well. And did I mention how short the game was? I got in my car at 8:55 pm after everything was said and done. Now I can get a good night sleep...

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger JPNtheHUN said...

The game was wonderful! KT was on fire (nothing but 3s--made 5 of MDs 10), the team started a "Lau-ra Harp-er" chant that we all joined and Harp's jersey almost completely unfurled (thought maybe she could just jump up and tug it the rest of the way--AND she looked spectacular!). A happy time at Comcast, sorry you missed it (but ACC select is forever--so watch it later!)

 
At 6:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristi Toliver is in the running for the Lowe's Senior Class Award. You can vote for her daily here: http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote/womens_basketball_2008_09/
Go Terps!

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Mark Thomas said...

Very happy for Harp. It was great to see her and her family again. Must be a great feeling for our kids to know they came to a place, essentially created a national brand and grew the team's following in a large way. They are like the Mt. Rushmore of this era of the program. Brenda and her girls. Pretty neat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home