Saturday, August 09, 2008

Rocky Mountain High Hi!

Hello again BCs,

Hope you're continuing to enjoy your Olympic break as much as I am. To bring you up to date, I've spent the last two days in the spectacular Rocky Mountain National Park. What a place! Snow-capped mountains, waterfalls, alpine tundra, amazing wildlife, a cornucopia of hiking trails and gorgeous vistas around every bend of the Trail Ridge Road. Here I am straddling the Continental Divide at one stop along the road.
As for the amazing wildlife, yesterday, among other things, I spotted dozens of enormous elk grazing above the treeline. When you see elk in their natural habitat, you realize these are very large, very impressive . . . not to mention very dangerous animals. The Rangers warn park visitors to stay on the trails and never, ever get close to the elk or the other wild animals. Great advice!

Of course, some tourists ignore the advice of the Rangers and get up close and personal with the wildlife despite the risk. I'm sure the BCs agree with me that park visitors should always behave responsibly while enjoying our incredible National Parks. I'm looking forward to seeing a couple more of our wonderful parks before I return home. So with a long travel day tomorrow, I better sign off for now.

Best, Petey
Photo Credits: Traveling Panda Photos, Inc.

14 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like Petey should lose some weight doing all that hiking...USA women look great..Go USA Go Petey!

 
At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying following Petey's travels. Anyone able to suggest to the FO that the pix could be shown on the Jumbotron after the break? I think it would be nice if they had a feature of "What I did during Olympic break", featuring Petey, but also showing what the team and staff were up to during the break. Since there doesn't seem to be alot of technical expertise capable of producing short films, it could just be a slide show.

 
At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taj McWilliams-Franklin was just traded to the Shock for Tasha Humphrey, Eshaya Murphy and a 2nd-round pick next year.

Just an update.

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would be interested to hear your comments on the trade, as I personnally feel that she has been the glue and main reason for coming to many games this season.

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noooooooooooooooo!

She's been the only one showing up to play every game.

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And let the rebuilding begin! I walked by the Verizon Center today on my lunch break. I was wondering why white flags were on display. Apologies to those who invested in Mama Taj jerseys (as well as the ignoramus who unveiled his Kendra Wecker jersey at the last game).

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger posting-up said...

I am devastated about Hargrove trading Taj. I don't care WHO we get in the $%#@! draft. Taj has been such a steadying influence and terrific role model of a professional athlete... seeing her play was one of the ONLY things I was looking forward to after the break.

This news has totally ruined my day -- my week.

Poo.

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...our season.

Showing up at the Dave and Busters STH event gets more urgent...

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why Bother? And they want us to renew by the 14th of September. Why? You won't see me back unless they dump Hargrove and get a legitamate coach. Que Sera.

 
At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So much for the playoff run, eh?

At least Taj will be going.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Everett W. said...

In fairness, Taj is the only one who deserves to be there.

 
At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess it would make sense to trade Taj for younger players, given that the season is over and we need to rebuild. BUT WE ALWAYS NEED TO REBUILD. Why are we always rebuilding? I have been a die hard fan since day 1, but have to say I am not going to renew my tickets until they do something to REBUILD the front office.

Man I will miss Taj. I heart her. And she's vegetarian.. even better!

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If we HAD to make this trade, couldn't we have at least gotten a point guard in return?

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laimbeer has no guards to give. In fact, he's looking for another one.

THAT team has a general manager!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home