Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Road Trip!

Dear BCs,

Thank you Soooo Much for inviting me to join you on your annual Greensboro road trip! You always seem to have so much fun down there, and I can't wait to experience the excitement of the ACC Tournament for myself!

But it occurred to me, after accepting your invite, that if I wore my favorite blue and white Mystics jersey in Greensboro, somebody might mistake me for a Carolina fan or, worse yet, a Dukie! Don't get me wrong, I love my Mystics jersey, but I don't want to leave any doubt as to where my ACC loyalties lie.

Thanks to the Terrapin Team Store . . . problem solved! I wrote out a checklist and stopped by the store during halftime of last Friday's Maryland-BC game. So you should be pleased to know I am now properly outfitted and ready for my venture with you into the Heart-of-Blueness. Here's what I picked up:

  • Red Maryland Tee? Check!
  • Red & Black Beads? Check!
  • "Go Terps" Big Red Foam Finger? Check!
  • Terps Car Window Flag? Check!
  • Red, Black & White Scrunchie? Check!
  • Red Wrist Ear Band? Check!
  • Terps Pom Pom? Check!

Did I miss anything? Oh yes (how could I forget!), for the BYOB (Bring Your Own Bamboo) Rebounders parties at the Drury Inn after the games each night:

  • Wine? Check!
  • Corkscrew? Check!
  • Non-alcoholic beverage? Check!

And last, but definitely not least, the official Rebounders' party food:

  • Chex Mix! Chex!

I can't wait to hit the road with you tomorrow . . . see you then! Go Terps!

Your friend, Petey

Photo Credit: Traveling Panda Photos, Inc.

7 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Blogger Kris said...

At 8:30am my mom, dad and I willbe joining you on the road to Greensboro and ACC Championship!!!

GO TERPS!!!!

 
At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I could be there with you. GO TERPS!

 
At 8:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunday is my birthday! Bring me back a championship!

 
At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch BC vs. Miami for free

http://all-access.cbssports.com/player.html?code=acc&media=108146

 
At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be coming for my third trip. Nothing beats the Chik-Fil-A Blimp!

P.S. I have never found Rebounders to be very friendly to us Non-Rebounders. Nice blog though.

 
At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great trip - cheer for the rest of us!!

 
At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With temperatures forecast in the mid 70's in Greensboro, maybe I should bring the suntan lotion? lol

I'll be in Section 126. I suppose that's the appointed section for Terps fans.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home