Sunday, August 17, 2008

Fly the Friendly Skies

Hello BCs,

I just wanted to let you know that I am now home safe and sound. I had a really great trip and I am very sorry it had to end. However, as awesome as the trip was, there was still one thing I simply did not get to do while I was in South Dakota -- visit the Putz n Glo in Rapid City. I mean, how often do you get to play miniature golf under black lights? I think I will regret this missed opportunity forever. I'll bet Becky Hammon has a blast there.

But my disappointment at missing out on Putz-ing and Glo-ing was mitigated by another "wow" moment I experienced as I was driving out of South Dakota . . . I came across another herd of buffalo! They filled the open range on both sides of the road. Dozens and dozens of them!! Unlike last Monday when it was raining, this was a beautiful sunny day, and I could sit and watch the buffalo all I wanted. Lots of Moms with calves (did you know that a buffalo herd is a matriarchal society?) and a number of bulls as well. (I was close enough to be able to tell the males from the females, if you get my drift . . . utterly fantastic!)

The Black Hills are just gorgeous, so let me leave you with a couple more photos that I took from the road as I was leaving South Dakota:


See you soon at the Phone Booth!

Best,

Petey

Photo Credits: Traveling Panda Photos, Inc.

2 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exasctly a year ago we were in the Black Hills and surrounding area -- Badlands N.P., Wall Drugs and Beckochka Hammonova's hometown of Rapid City. Great place for a vacation.

Not long now before the WNBA season picks up again. Wish I was more enthusiastic...

C&OSpence

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger posting-up said...

Wow! Impressed to see that Petey's flyin' first class in the big chairs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home